Saturday 4 January 2014

Rafael Nadal, Paddle Boarding and Annoying Cousins

Today I've been looking through lots of the photos from back home. It seems as though North Devon has taken a battering over the past few days. I hope you're all okay and that Westward Ho! is still standing when I return!

 We spent a few hours on slightly calmer waters this morning. Tamsin organised for us to hire some paddle boards and we soon mastered the art of paddling around the canals and beaches of The Pearl. I say 'mastered' but we were all a little wobbly at first, especially Steve who to my amusement fell in whilst trying to get me wet!

 It was an altogether harder task when Steve and I tried to paddle with two of us on one board - we both kept falling and sliding off the board! I even managed to cut my shin and foot in the process - they're only little cuts, so I hope they won't be a problem for me when I go walking in Nepal.

 This evening we went to watch the final of the Qatar Tennis Open. It was between a Frenchman called Gael Monfils and the best tennis player in the world right now - Rafael Nadal. Nadal won! Monfils was very good, but Nadal was extremely determined. We had a great time.




After that, we watched some football game between Arsenal and Tottenham, but I don't want to talk about that...

Last day in Qatar tomorrow :( Will be sad to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Woohoo! You want to leave a comment/ask me a question! That's great.

Please remember that this is for the school, so:
- Be polite and think of other people's feelings.
- NEVER USE FULL NAMES. Use initials instead.
- Read your comment and check it makes sense.
- All comments are moderated before being published.

Thank you!