Monday 6 January 2014

A message from Alan... (#1)

Dear Children at St Helen's,

I hope you're all really well?! I thought I'd write to say hello and tell you a little bit about our adventures so far.

Mr Kent, his cousin (Steve) and I (Alan) have had an amazing week in Doha. Doha is the capital city of Qatar, it's where the football World Cup will be held in 2022 and it is currently the home of Mr Kent's sister and her family.

About 2 million people live in Doha and most of them aren't even from Qatar! I wonder if you can find it on a map?

Steve's favourite moments of the week were eating brunch at the Four Seasons Hotel and watching Rafael Nadal win the Qatar Tennis Tournament.

Mr Kent loved spending time with his family. He misses them lots and loves spending time with his nephew and niece - Archie and Ella.

I liked meeting Archie and Ella's dog, Lucy and their cat, Ian. Chris and Tamsin have been so generous to us all - it has been a great start to our adventures.

Below is just a small selection of memories from our time in Doha - Tennis lessons with Steve - Lucy the dog - the view of the canal from the flat - night time on the Pearl - me (Alan) with Archie, Ella and Mr Kent - Tamsin and Steve at the Tennis Final - Chris and Ella at horse riding lessons - tennis: Nadal vs Monfils - football: Paris Saint Germain vs Real Madrid.

We fly to Nepal today, I can't wait to see the Himalayas, but I already miss Tamsin, Chris, Archie and Ella! Thanks for an awesome week, guys!

Hope you're all enjoying school! At least you don't have to put up with Mr Kent for a while!

Love from,
Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Woohoo! You want to leave a comment/ask me a question! That's great.

Please remember that this is for the school, so:
- Be polite and think of other people's feelings.
- NEVER USE FULL NAMES. Use initials instead.
- Read your comment and check it makes sense.
- All comments are moderated before being published.

Thank you!